PROJECTS OF NOTE
- Valuation of lease rates for wireless telecommunications antennae sites.
- Historical (30 years) appraisal of lakefront properties.
- Estimate of the impact of flood control measure on lakefront properties.
- Detailed calculation of the damages for development delay associated with the planning of a public infrastructure project.
- Valuation of a complete forested watershed area to be acquired for a public water supply.
- Valuation of First Nations lands (commercial and residential) impacted by a loss of river frontage due to a public dyking project.
- Valuation of vacant and improved waterfront industrial properties.
- Valuation of Gulf Islands improved and vacant residential and forested acreage properties for public acquisition for park purposes.
- Valuation of historical religious facility.
- Valuations of small undivided Gulf Islands.
- Valuation of closed road right of way to be consolidated with adjacent lands.
- Valuation of lands without legal road access.
- Valuation of lands for tax purposes under the Environment Canada Ecological Gifts Program.
- Valuation of market rent for prime restaurant facility.
- Valuation of loss in value to residential property impacted by slope stability hazard.
- Valuation of loss in value to rural residential development lands resulting from road construction project.
- Valuation of various parcels of surplus highway right of way created through a reconfiguration of an interchange.
- Valuation of loss in value to a waterfront hotel development property in relation to a statutory right of way for a public waterfront walkway.
- Appraisals of commercial properties in Greater Victoria in relation to a highway widening project, including an improved multi tenanted commercial site and pub.
- Appraisal of vacant commercial land at Victoria International Airport for possible land exchange.
- Appraisal of a residential building strata property to assist legal counsel with defence of a claim against conveyancing lawyers, realtors and vendor.
- Appraisal and inspection services in relation to a damages claim relating to a marijuana grow-op established by a tenant in a residential property.
- Review of appraisal of development land relating to an action against an appraiser.
- Review of appraisal of golf course and adjacent development lands relating to an application for financing.
- Review of appraisal of ocean front water access only lands in relation to a compensation dispute with government.
- Review of appraisals of commercial and residential properties in relation to an acquisition for a highway widening and intersection improvements.
- Review of appraisal of lands to be consolidated with an existing service station.
- Review of appraisal of an improved multi-family residential property in relation to an action against an appraiser.
- Review of appraisal of an improved motel property in relation to an acquisition for a highway widening.
- Review of appraisal of single-family dwelling and development land in relation to an action against an appraiser.
- Review of appraisal of holding for development property in relation to an acquisition for road improvements.
ACQUISITION AND NEGOTIATION
- Complete property acquisition management services to the BC Ministry of Transportation in relation to the approximately 1000 properties impacted by the Gateway Program, including South Fraser Perimeter Road, Highway 1 and twinning of the Port Mann Bridge/Mary Hill Bypass interchange and North Fraser Perimeter Road.
- Property acquisition management services in relation to approximately 200 properties impacted by the Border Infrastructure Program/Highway 15 project.
- Expropriation consultant to the BC Ministry of Transportation in relation to outstanding compensation claims resulting from the Vancouver Island Highway Project (VIHP).
- Property acquisition services in relation to approximately 100 properties impacted by the Vancouver Island Highway Project.
- Provincial negotiator for the BC Ministry of Energy and Mines Mining Rights Compensation Program.
- Property acquisition services relating to approximately 150 properties impacted by a sanitary sewer expansion project.
- Property acquisition services relating to road rehabilitation works completed under the Provincial Emergency Program (PEP).
- Negotiation services relating to the impact on an existing mineral claim resulting from the sale of the surface rights by the Crown to a private developer.
- Negotiation services relating to proposed acquisition from an improved office commercial property for road development and natural gas line realignment.
- Property acquisition services relating to 4 properties required for the Swan Lake Interchange Project, north of Vernon, B.C. where previous attempts to acquire the properties had failed.
- Negotiation services for a 13.6 km highway-widening (2 lanes to 4 lanes) project in Greater Vancouver involving approximately 150 properties.
- Negotiation and valuation services relating to the cash-in-lieu of park dedication requirement for the Silver Spray lands, a multi-phase waterfront development in East Sooke, B.C.
- Full property acquisition management services to the Province of BC in relation to the Gateway Program in the Lower Mainland area involving approximately 1,100 property files.
- Negotiation services in relation to the Evergreen transit project in Greater Vancouver.
- Negotiation services in relation to a hydro transmission line in northern BC, approximately 15 files.
- Negotiation services in relation to a multi-tenanted commercial property in Greater Vancouver whose access and exposure was compromised by the installation of an overpass.
- Negotiation services in relation to an approximately 60 year, 3 generations of family outstanding claim against the Province of BC regarding road access to a Federal government wharf on a Gulf Island, successfully settled.
- Acted as Valuation and Property Acquisition Consultant on Value Engineering Studies in the Greater Victoria and up-Island areas, including advising on most efficient and effective method of acquiring land for publicly funded projects, the impact and operation of Expropriation Act and preliminary land acquisition cost estimates.
- Identification and valuation of forested large acreage Provincial Crown lands suitable for property exchange (including potential First Nations issues) with environmental significance.
- Study of market lease rates for of wireless communication antennae sites in urban centres of Western Canada.
- Identification and valuation of lands available for development as a francophone school site.
- Study of the impact of logging on residual land values.
- Study of the methodology for and valuation of potential transferable excess development density.
- Study of the potential land value impacts, both positive and negative related to highway interchange developments.
- Calculation of damages where a tenant is displaced due to expropriation.
- Study of the impact of new in-fill residential development on property values in an existing single-family residential neighbourhood.
- Consultations with the Singapore Land Authority in relation to a proposed program to update Singapore's laws for the acquisition of land for public projects.
- Development of spreadsheet calculation to compare benefits of multi-property sale and lease back proposal.
- Study of market discounts applicable to the sale of undivided partial interests in real property.
- Review and update the policy for property acquisition of BC Ministry of Transportation.
- Study of wireless communications site fees on public highways, including preparation of new fee schedule for BC Ministry of Transportation.
- Preliminary cost estimate for property required for new road construction.
- Site search and recommendations for a location to develop a tertiary mental health facility.
- Study and recommendations of compensation for temporary road use in relation to forestry activities for the BC Ministry of Forests.
- Study of valuations issues in relation to a bulk sale of government controlled lands throughout British Columbia
- Study and recommendations assessing the viability of the proposed joint use of an upland and adjacent waterfront lot for ferry and forestry related uses.